Just a friendly reminder to anyone planning to fish in Andover Lake. Although Andover Lake is a private lake open only to ALPOA members this does not exclude it from CT State laws and regulations for fishing and boating. A few regulations include; - Everyone over 16 years old must have a CT fishing license. Available at the Town Clerks office or on-line at the DEP Website for $20. - No motors of any type allowed [this includes electric motors and gas powered ice fishing augers].
- A life jacket (PFD) must be worn by EVERYONE in a canoe or kayak from October 1st until May 31st. [Children under 12 MUST wear one WHENEVER they are in a moving boat].
- Fishing is allowed year-round on Andover Lake [24/7 no closed season applies].
- Chain Pickerel under 15 inches long as well as Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass under 12 inches must be returned unharmed and no more than 6 Bass (Largemouth, Smallmouth or combination of) or 6 Chain Pickerel may be kept in one day.
- It is illegal to transfer any fish from one body of water to another.
- Feeder stream into and out of Andover Lake are closed to all fishing from March 1st until April 18th. The fine for fishing without a license is $77 and $154 fine (each count) for keeping under size fish or exceeding daily limit. The complete Angler’s Guide can be found on line at www.ct.gov/dep/fishing or call 424-FISH for answers to any fishing related question. DEP Conservation Officers do patrol Andover Lake from time to time. Life Jacket (PFD) violations are the most common violation.